Christmas Fair


On Friday my daughters and I took the train up to London to visit the Country Living Christmas Fair.  We were looking forward to seeing what was new for the Christmas festivities. The business design centre in Islington, which is where the event took place, was jam packed with ladies, interspersed with the odd male, looking rather lost and out of place.  There was so much to see, but unfortunately, so busy and so tightly packed, it was almost impossible to stop at a stand and admire the products on display.  We were shuffling along in a sea of ladies, it was very much like being on the underground during peak hours!   So unfortunately I have no lovely photos of the stands to show you.

What I did manage to do was collect cards from a few worthy stalls I stopped at:

Caroline Zoob homewares, collectables and embroidery here - they were all out of stock when we got to the fair, but I've ordered one of these.



Amanda Ross - exquisitely detailed botanical prints.  Amanda prints directly from cuttings and uses a wide variety of plants here



Glover and Smith - silver tableware and gifts here




Welbeck Tiles handmade in Cornwall here  - you know when you stop at a stall and you just know you should buy something, but think you'll have a quick look first and come back again...regrettably I didn't find it the second time round!







Roxana de Rond Illustrator here




Emma Hardicker here , contemporary artist makes beautiful fabrics made into lampshades, limited edition prints, commissions etc




Terry Macey Clothing here



The painted House here - rollers with patterns for painting on fabric and walls.  I managed to stop at this stall and have a lovely chat to the stall holder.  The rollers can be used to paint fabric and walls.  This is another one of those 'wish I had bought it' thoughts.

I did manage to buy a lovely piece of vintage floral fabric which I'll turn into tiny cushions for my bedroom and a country living diary...







There were many more lovely stands full of delightful things to buy, but it was just too busy to see anything properly, which was a real shame.  I hope the other fairs in Glasgow and Harrogate are at larger centres.  A link where you can see the list of exhibitors here

Have a great week everyone!
Sharon
xxx

Comments

  1. Thank you Sharon for showing us all these lovely thinks and suggesting us their links.Your floral fabric is perfect, when you finish the cushions, you will post some photos of them...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems there were lots of wonderful vendors at the fair. I love the fabric that you found, it will be make very sweet pillows and journal cover~
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts