And so to bed

Just to let you know Peter Rabbit is alive and doing well.  I was making a cup of tea when I spied him outside munching my fake lawn, which didn’t go down too well.  He soon hopped over to my daffodils and started nibbling the heads off.   After my initial  shock of finding a rabbit in my garden, I raided the fridge for a few wilted carrots and went outside to have a one to one with Peter…who seemed very friendly and came right up to me nose a twitching and took the carrot right out of my hand!  I asked him how he managed to get over the fence, but he didn’t reply…rabbits are funny like that.

Today I'm talking fabric for headboards… if headboards weren't so expensive, I’d have a few stashed away in the spare room which I could swap when the seasons changed…but as it stands headboards are quite costly, so making the right decision is crucial.

So to show you what the headboard might look like, I’ve teamed up the samples with my existing wallpaper.  The wallpaper is Laura Ashley’s Summer Palace which is based on an 18th century design.  Mine is in the pink colour way which I just love, when I spotted those pink birds, it was love at first sight and a few years down the road, I still love my wallpaper, so it is staying.

The first sample is this British velvet in Ivory.  Initially I put this colour aside as being slightly too bland and beige and old fashioned,  but the more I look at it the more I am warming to it. It’s rich and creamy looking and the texture of the velvet is thick and lovely to the touch. Much like the inspiration picture I found on Pinterest. Plus it picks up the small pops of beige that feature in the wallpaper.



I’ve used navy velvet before in a chair makeover a few years ago, so I know how dark velvet shows up the slightest bit of fluff but I love this Peacock blue velvet for my headboard too. What's not to like about Emily Henderson's gorgeous peacock blue headboard? I think it will give the room a little more substance, because it is quite feminine.  Fortunately my hubby isn’t in the slightest bit intimidated by pink birds!  It also means that if I swap out the wallpaper for painted walls in plain white or grey in a few years’ time the blue headboard will still look good.




The white was my absolute favourite.  I had already decided that the headboard was going to be white. I’d seen enough inspiration pics online to know I would love this look and it would blend so well with what I already have in my bedroom. This one is White Naples.  It’s soft, it’s really feminine looking, but my main concern is keeping it lovely and white.  I don’t have any toddlers in my home, so it’s not likely to get smeared with chocolate, but dust in the city is a problem.





My other sample is faux leather in white.  This is one is a beautiful faux.  But it’s still faux and I’m not sure how it will wear.  When I searched Pinterest for faux leather headboards, loads came up, this one included which I love from a distance, but not being able to see one already made up is making me more than hesitant that it might look a bit 1980s, but this pic shows how contemporary faux leather can look.




So you see my dilemma….I think I know which one I’ll go with….but which one do you prefer?

Oh and if you are wondering what happened to Peter Rabbit…seems my neighbours children lost their bunny.  We caught him eventually, after he had ravaged my bulbs and nibbled the new green shoots of my daffodils! Naughty Peter Rabbit!


Sharon
xxx




Comments

  1. Happy Sunday......love Ria...x!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi, Sharon! O papel de parede é lindo!Minha cabeceira é branca de couro fake, eu mudaria com certeza para um tecido, talvez veludo na mesma cor. O couro fake é prático porque é de fácil manutenção mas o veludo é mais bonito.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Silvia, I agree the white is beautiful, but still making up my mind ...happy week for you! x

      Delete
  3. Gosh - such pretty images. Hard to decide between that blue headboard or that serene white one. I wish I had a larger home so I could have more fun decorating. The story of Peter Rabbit had me giggling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough decision to make...and I can only have one....so need to make the right one! Seeing this rabbit in my garden took me right back to my childhood and the Beatrix Potter books so I had to include Peter somehow! Have a great week! x

      Delete
  4. It’s really great to see that you can achieve so much (because your photos are consistently good) in a relatively straightforward way. Great links, too Toko S Lutena Lampung

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts