The Little Dining Room Project Reveal!

 Rome wasn’t built in a day…







And neither was this little project.  Did I mention I’m finally finished with it?  I am….sort of.  This tiny little front room was a dumping ground for everything old and ugly. It needed a SERIOUS makeover.  The carpets were no longer recognisable as such and beyond any kind of cleaning so with that in mind we opted for faux wood flooring;  there’s no comparison to real wooden floors, but as usual budget dictated the purchase.

BEFORE photos taken after tenant had moved out, but before we renovated the entire house:



A small boxy room by anyone’s standards, so we went for a grand wallpaper, creating the illusion of a much bigger space as well as creating visual interest.  I wanted over the top glamour and initially I wanted to paint the ceiling gold but that was just a bit too much for my client, so we left it as is.  Instead I glammed it up with gold elements like the chandelier,  gold framed mirror,  Gold Mirrored Shelving and a few accessories. 

The wall directly opposite the window needs a statement piece and I have my eye on this Carl Bengtsson poster but I can’t seem to find a supplier in the UK…if anyone knows please drop me a line… in the meantime I’m thinking of creating my own piece of photography, if it works it’s going up, if not it's back to the drawing board!  Except for the mirror, a pineapple painting and this lovely African Grey print, the walls have been left bare.  That’s intentional as the wallpaper is very busy and doesn’t need a lot of wall art.  The addition of a palm tree in the corner gives a real tropical feel to the room.

It’s a tiny space, but I wanted to create a little bit of Hollywood sparkle.  I kept the drapes white and sheer, the light from the window still floods the room and the Purl Window Frost has given this road facing dining space much needed privacy. The table is an antique Gate leg table given to my client by her mother. The replica Phillip Starke Ghost chairs give a modern and spacious feel to the room.  There are no children in this home, so it was easy to accessorise the gold shelving with lovely décor pieces without having to make the space child friendly.   The Bar Cart adds a touch of old Hollywood glamour and fits in nicely with the whole feel of the space. The look is young and not too serious and in good old England, where we often have more grey days than sunny skies it’s a tropical oasis guaranteed to cause a smile….so what do you think?












I’ll be sharing my resource list next time – budget style!
Take care!

Sharon
xxx

Comments

  1. What a transformation it looks so glamorous and colourful now. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, glad you like it and glad to hear your moving went well! Sharon x

      Delete
  2. Hello Sharon, how have you been?

    This is undoubtedly a beautiful space, I love everything Sharon, the colors, walls, the light fixture... perfect my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice transformation from what it looked like before, my favourite is the wallpaper too! Sharon x

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, the Rome wasn´t built in a day...so true! There is so much to do with an old house so I haven´t got the time to do all the fun thing´s, like decorate, rebuilt and so on...
    I have so many plans but...Well, the time flies and I hope someday, I keep on dreaming!
    Love Titti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Titti, thanks for stopping by. Old homes have such character but they always need a lot of work. I'm pleased to say my work on this little project is complete now. Sharon x

      Delete
  4. Sharon, adorei o papel de parede e as cores escolhidas, ambiente cheio de vitalidade.Parabéns pelo trabalho!
    Ótima nova semana, amiga querida.
    Sílvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Silvia, glad you like the wallpaper, it seems to be a favourite with everyone! I love it too, it's bright and cheerful and so different from what it looked like before, client really loves it! Sharon x

      Delete
  5. Love what you did to the room! Wallpaper and of course, the chandelier! It's all beautiful!
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jody and Stan, oh thank you for your lovely words! Just stopped by your blog and left a comment. Sharon x

      Delete
  6. Hi Sharon, That is a really glamorous room now, the chandelier is fabulous and that wallpaper is very beautiful. I love all of the colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, how lovely to hear from you! I've been popping over to your blog every now and then to see if you've posted, but I assume you are rather busy in your new role! Hope all is going well! Thank you for your lovely comments, it does look glamorous doesn't it! Glad you like it! Sharon x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts